Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Head Wound Harry


It's a crying shame we don't earn some sort of frequent user perks at the Bloomington Fairview Urgent Care, because we are now officially "regulars." The PA recognized me for goodness sakes.

Yesterday afternoon, just after getting James, Aaron, Kate and Nolan down for their afternoon naps, I noticed Collin at the backdoor, sobbing. Since the weather was finally above 30 degrees, I sent him and Henry outside after we finished reading books. While playing on his play set, he slipped on the slide and cracked his chin on the wooden platform, splitting it open.

He admitted through sobs that his chin didn't hurt, even though it was bleeding...he was just scared that he would have to get stitches. He also wanted to make sure that he was examined by a "kid doctor."

Observing his near hysterics, the PA who skillfully sewed Aaron's chin back together last fall, graciously offered to try "superglue" on Collin's injury...in an effort to avoid what would've been mandatory sedation. Collin was relieved. I was relieved. We confided to the PA that Daddy would approve, since he superglues everything in sight. Collin laughed...I laughed. We picked up dinner at LeeAnn Chin on the way home, joking it's LeeAnn Chin...not break your chin!

All things considered...I think we got out of this one relatively unscathed. Happy 2010...we're well on our way to meeting our deductible...

1 comment:

fagerham said...

Poor little guy, tell him Max & Cheesio are thinking of him and love him