Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Muse

It's been a nearly an entire year since I've posted here. An entire year. It is countless moments, feelings that will never be formally recorded. That notion brings sadness, because this exercise not only cements my memories, but also brings me immense joy as I recall the events of our days. As with all things, however, there must be balance. At some point in the process, posting became an obligation, added to my never ending to-do list. For the first time in maybe my entire existence, I couldn't find the energy to write, here or anywhere. I made one million excuses. Simultaneously, the teachers in my life were asking me to evaluate the life giving and the life diminishing. I held the question.

And then today, while sorting through a pile of papers that had accumulated in out kitchen, I found a poem Collin wrote. Collin's musings about what happens to puffer fish when they die brought me to the blog in the first place...and this poem brought me back.

"I Am"

"I am Coll.
I wonder if we will have a snow day.
I hear my Mom and Dad.
I see Mr. Roberts on stage.
I want to see Annie.
I am Collin.
I pretend I will have recess all day.
I feel happy.
I touch my Mom.
I worry on snow days.
I cry when I am happy.
I am funny.
I understand my feelings.
I say goodbye.
I dream about good things.
I try my best.
I hope to get all the Skylanders.
I am a reader."

A poem by Collin Beduhn

No comments: