Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

And so we begin

I think I managed to get the ACIM blog up and running tonight. I'm hoping this will be a good way for us to archive our journaling as it pertains to the text and the lessons. I'm going to refrain from posting any comments related to the materials for now...until I know that Ellen has the book and the syllabus from Linda and Max.

Aaron had his 2-month well-baby check today. He's 14'5" and 24 3/4" long. He had 3 shots today...so he's doing average at best. Tonight I gave him his second bath in the tub (it went much better this time) and then rubbed him for about an hour. He nursed and fell asleep...in a much better mood than this afternoon. I think the special attention helped. He's so sweet. I don't like seeing my children in pain. I somehow want to protect them from everything...not a realistic goal.

I received an e-mail from work today regarding my proposal. They wanted clarification on "30 hours"...which is ironic given that "30 hours" came from their document! I'm hoping they can work something out with me...but no one close to the situation is very hopeful! OH WELL. The more time I spend with the boys, the more I feel I'm OK with the possibility of being a full-time mom. It is challenging...but I think it will just keep getting easier (maybe I'm just delusional?)

Alisha Likness called tonight and wanted to arrange a play date for tomorrow morning at 10. We reunited at the Augsburg Library in Richfield last week, and I'm glad she called me because I know that I would've never done it. We're going to meet at her house. Her son, Henry, and Collin were playing after story time last week, so it should be fun for them. Hopefully Aaron is feeling up to it.

I'm going to close for now...just to make sure this is working.

Here's to a blessed journey...
liz

5 comments:

fagerham said...

Liz, this site looks great. I have never used a blog so this is all new to me.

We didn't get to this right away as we were bogged vs blogged down in things we had to get done.

We are excite that both your mom and Ellen have an ACIM book now. I have so enjoyed the course and it is very challenging to my thinking. It appears that I have become more caring through the process. It can only get better. I have more peace. Max would concur. And so we begin. Linda

Anonymous said...

yellooooo, all.
thanks for getting us going, liz. this week looks to be tough for all of us, so maybe once i get settled in oregon and liz gets work figured out we can actually start tearing through the syllabus.

i was intending to take off for the big out-west adventure tomorrow, but i think the universe has other plans. i'm kind of excited to hit the road, and more excited that i think i can avoid i90 until i'm out of sd. that stretch is tough...

i look forward to our impending correspondence. love.
ellen

julie said...

this is ellen. we are learning to blog! whoppeeeee!!!

Anonymous said...

so...i'm gonna go ahead and get started here ;). i guess there isn't much to say at this point, but i'll reiterate again how excited i am to get going on this. already here in moscow i've fallen into school-mode, where all i can think about most of the time is what i SHOULD be studying (i am CONSTANTLY reminded of bov!) it's easy to think about peace and serentity and complete wellness when there isn't much going on in life (ie my time in the wilderness). but then real life hits, and instead of keeping focused on the important things, i fall back into old patterns, mainly just trying to get myself through the day. i don't read for pleasure, i don't write in my journal, and i feel guilty about any free time i have b/c i feel like i should be doing something else more productive. i'm excited for this b/c i want to get OUT of those tricky thought patterns and find a more balanced approach to life. and as much as i think i'm growing, i still get caught dwelling on not-so-positive things from time to time. don't we all.

so yes, i'm ready for this, and honestly, i'm looking forward to more regular communication with you, liz :). a little added bonus, you might say.

we go!

Anonymous said...

it would appear that i'm doing this solo.... :).

anyway, here's my take on the past week. since i've done this a couple times already, it wasn't as surprising as the first time i attempted these beginning lessons. i look around at all the things in my daily life, and i don't see any of them for what they are: merely objects, made of elements, existing in the world. every object has baggage attached to it...like a feeling or a memory of who gave it to me or any combination of things that bear no reflection on the object itself. as a person who doesn't make a point of holding on to much, though, it's kind of hard to grasp the point. in general, the ONLY reason i hold on to anything is BECAUSE of the sentimentality attached to it. i guess it does work with memories as well though. it gets to the point where you don't remember the moment itself, you just remember the last time you remembered it. this point reminded me of 'zorba the greek' actually. the narrator is impressed by zorba b/c he can see everything, every day as if he's seeing it for the first time...with no attachments or expectations or memories. what a great way to view the world.

the biggest revelation for me though, was the point that i am often not (insert appropriate emotion here) for the reason i think. it's easy to take an event and personalize it, especially reactive ones. if someone hurts me, for example, i immediately assume that that was the goal instead of the probablility that it was an unintended (and likely unknown) consequence. it's a good wakeup call, and i'm trying to remember that, especially as the lessons continue.

it's really difficult for me to live in the moment as well. i treasure past events, and not a day goes by when i'm not thinking about another time or place. this week was tough for me, b/c 6 years ago i left for africa and my entire world changed. living here and now isn't easy for me, and i'm constantly terrified that all of my good times have already happened. the point of these lessons is to first make us aware of the problem i guess, and now i can try to change.

i think that's where this is going...