Linda Blogging in...Feb 8, 2008
This is my first successful attempt. The issue of projection stuck me this time more than last time (ACIM last year). Perhaps it had to do with my own recent bout of anxeity that I experience around my mother's heart proceedure. I got in touch with some old anxiety that I had as a child. I call it a painbody (Tolle's word). It is an old activated state that is still hanging out in my body from some time and place. I was especially worrried about my mother procedure, but on one level I needed to not project that anymore than I was doing intermitently. On some level I knew that to do so would cause mom to be more anxious and concerned.
Now I understand more clearly about what scripture says about our thoughts. Thoughts about, related to, thoughts! have a profound impact on the one we are thinking about. Now I believe that I am doing a great deal of harm to another by worrying.
When I start my business I decided to not be fearful and worry about it. I have done a very good job of that, if I might say so myself. I don't know why I didn't start applying the same principles to the whole of my life. I guess this is time to apply the rest. LH
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
interesting perspective, linda, and things i've thought about alot in the past as well. there's a whole lot of energy out there in the world, and it has more power than we realize (if you get a chance, i really like a book called "the secret life of plants" that deals with alot of those issues.
i wasn't great about keeping up with ACIM this week b/c of a conference, but i did what i could when i could. my biggest issue is being obsessed with associations and events of the past. my biggest fear is probably that all of my good times have already happened. it's definitely something i struggle with and want to be better about. has anyone read "zorba the greek?" zorba, the main character, with apparantly minimal effort, looks at the world as the amazing thing it is and sees everything for the first time. i would love to be able to do the same.
i just finished reading 'eat, pray, love' by elizabeth gilbert and was struck by the universal theme of centering. she explains arriving at a place, through meditation, where she is able to recognize her thoughts as constructs of her ego and nothing else. through further meditation, she is able to find the love of the universe in her heart...therby meeting God. the guru she studies with explains that this is heaven...and also adds an interesting perspective on hell (ie...that it is the same as heaven, but arriving there is different...which is similar to the cs lewis idea in his book about the 'shining' people (name escapes me at this moment)...anyway, i'm curious about this meditation piece...and wish i had a little more time to explore. i'm also going to try to get more serious about my yoga.
we were at the ocean this week, and on our last day i jumped in the water, floated on my back and relaxed into the sanscrit mantra, 'hamsa'...'ham' on the inhale and 'sa' on the exhale. it means 'i am that' and i felt incredible peace as i let myself escape into the words. it was a very powerful experience for me.
i'm realizing that often i'm not even aware of my thoughts...until i force myself to be aware. i know they are there...underlying all that i do and think...but they are very subtle...which scares me a bit. this week was a good exercise in examining those thoughts...just to see what is there...and what it looks and feels like.
Post a Comment