Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

On His Own

While playing in the yard this afternoon, Collin asked me if I would take the training wheels off his bike. He and Aaron have been cheering through the kitchen bay window as Braxton and Peyton learn to ride their bikes out on the street, so I guess he decided it was his turn.

I held on to the back of the seat of Major Damage for all of 2 seconds before Collin took off biking around the backyard on the grass, which he strategically chose for a soft landing in the event of a fall. Collin promised to wait before his second attempt, so I could run into the house for the video camera.

The following clip is literally his second time on a bike without training wheels.


Off to the races...


During our ride around the neighborhood, Collin asked if we could knock on BJ and Andy's door so he could ride for them. After demonstrating his new skills to all the neighbors at the end of the block, Collin joined in time trials with Matthew and Parker. Rebbecca quietly reminded her boys that Collin was new to biking and probably didn't need a dangerous bike tricks tutorial. Collin was smiling...dreaming of his new-found freedom on two wheels.

And...just like that, Collin is riding without training wheels...in typical Collin fashion, without fanfare, determined, and solid.

No comments: