Sometime after Adam and I relinquished our responsibilities with 7th grade confirmation and the confirmation band, I was asked by the music director, Rob Reid, and the education coordinator, Renee Jefferson, at TLC if I'd be willing to lead music for the 1st-4th grade Sunday school kids. I reluctantly accepted, primarily because I'm incapable of telling anyone, "No". As with most things in life, the opportunity has been an incredible blessing...a simple way for me to continue to share my love of music with kids.
After years of just singing amongst ourselves, we took our show on the road this morning, performing a song from my childhood for the congregation in celebration of Camp Sunday, "I Wonder How It Felt?" All congregations are the same...after the service a frail old woman stopped me, expressing just how much she enjoyed the music of the youth (especially since they were only accompanied by me on guitar...and not drowned out by that loud piano!) Judy Oleson would be proud that her musical legacy continues.
Even after all these years, the songs of my childhood remain with me...the words still somehow, surprisingly, relevant.
The chorus:
"I'm just a child,
my life is still before me,
I just can't wait,
to see what God has for me,
but I know that I will trust him,
and I'll wait to see what life will be for me."
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment