Mrs. Johnson wrote the following comment in his spring assessment:
"Aaron lights up our room with his big smile and happy disposition. Aaron is very attentive during learning time. As the year has progressed Aaron has become more comfortable participating during learning time and is eager to answer comprehension questions. Aaron is very curious and creative. During centers, Aaron enjoys playing independently at the art table and interacting with friends at the activity table, building with blocks or reading in the library. Aaron particularly enjoys any manipulative that we put out that involves matching, sorting, or finding patterns. Aaron has been such a blessing to our class. Thank you for sharing him with us!"
Today Aaron's class celebrated spring, or the meteorological lack thereof, with a classroom party. I volunteered to help with the snack before I was informed that siblings were discouraged from attending. At the last minute, we decided to send Nolan to back-up daycare at Bright Horizons, so I could honor my commitment.
Teams of eager 3-4 year olds created mud cups at the snack station from magic mud pudding powder and milk. We then added OREO boulders, followed by gummy grubs and worms. YUMMY, except for those with sensory issues or the "good pretenders", who had difficulty with the idea of eating mud for snack. I guess "engages in imaginative play" has its pros and cons at this age...depending on the situation.






No comments:
Post a Comment