This poem by Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh caught my eye as I headed downstairs at Present Moment in Minneapolis:
Seriousness
My whole effort is to help you become sincere, but not serious.
Seriousness is a kind of disease:
playfulness should be the foundation of a true religion.
So I teach be playful:
the more playful you are the closer you are to existence,
the more serious you are the more egoist you become,
and the more serious you are
the more closed.
Then you are not open to the wind,
to the sun, to the rain;
you are not open to anything.
You are no more vulnerable.
One has to be vulnerable,
keep all the windows open,
allow existence to penetrate you
and don't take things too seriously.
My whole effort is also in the same dimension: to help you to become sincere -- but not serious. I want you to laugh, I want you to weep. I want you to be sad sometimes, to be happy. But whatsoever you are, you are. Whatsoever you are inside, that's your outside also. You are of one piece; then you will be alive, flowing, moving, growing, reaching to your destiny, revealing, flowering, unfolding.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment