Since Aaron doesn't like cake, he requested "the cinnamon rolls that Miss Stefanie makes for parties" with a candle that sings "Happy Birthday". Not knowing exactly what that meant, I called Stefanie, who informed me the sought after rolls were Cub brand from the refrigerator section. I returned home from the grocery store with all the necessary supplies and was greeted with a voice mail message from Renee informing me that Aaron's friend, Toby, was sick and wouldn't be available for the scheduled birthday party play date after preschool. Aaron overheard the message from the "big bed" and was immediately disappointed, convinced that his birthday was ruined. I was left scrambling, trying to quickly brainstorm ways to make Aaron's day special.
Aaron's attitude had improved by morning. He made a wish in his cinnamon roll "cake" after Collin, Nolan, and I sang him Happy Birthday...
He was treated like royalty when we arrived at preschool. After donning his birthday crown, he sat proudly in the birthday chair and waited for his turn to surprise his friends with the items in his share bag, as well as his "Poster About Me." He brought in a shark tooth we found while combing the beach in Mexico..."3 Wishes"
I wish to be a Dad.
I wish I had new shoes.
I wish to be a police officer.
I wish I had a dog.
"When I grow up I want to be a Dad."
We also included the stats from Aaron's 5-year well-child exam on January 20. He was 44.2 inches tall and 44.6 pounds. We didn't include the fact that Aaron had to get his school on-boarding shots and had the plantar wart on his foot examined by Dr. K!
After school we called Molly to see if James was available for a play date after an impromptu lunch date at Noodles in Eden Prairie. Aaron, James, and Nolan spent the afternoon playing, until we had to get Collin from the bus and James went home with Matt. At 5:30 we went over to TLC for music class, after which, Aaron passed out treats to his singing buddies. Then we were off to Nick and Willies with Dad for pizza.
5!!!!!
Stump Smash!
Aaron also received a tennis backpack......and two more Skylanders, Eruptor and Terrafin from Mom and Dad.
On "Mrs. Chelle Day" (Friday), Chelle surprised Aaron with a miniature Lego set when we returned home from preschool.
Another Skylander...Drill Sergeant from Auntie Ellie.





No comments:
Post a Comment