Apparently getting up close and personal with the horse Terry chose for horseback rides was enough for Nolan to learn how to shake his head, "No!" Even Aaron wouldn't ride, unless it "was with Mommy"...and since I was wearing a skirt, that was out of the question. Nolan spent the remainder of the weekend utilizing his new skill, primarily before sleeping times. He caught me off guard with the head shakes at the beginning of the Lord's Prayer...and again after I told him that I love him. I countered with a "yes" nod, but he would quickly giggle and respond with another "no" shake.
The evening was not without a little drama. Aaron found himself face down in a pile of horse manure after Dexter pulled a large iron gate down on top of him. I was grateful we didn't need emergency care after watching Terry's siblings literally sprint to his aid.
After spending a good portion of the evening mustering the courage to join the game, Collin was the last kid standing when Brian finally stopped pitching the kick ball. Dirty and exhausted, both Collin and Aaron were sound asleep when I parked the truck at the EIO.






No comments:
Post a Comment