Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

So Many Friends

Collin to Daddy, after Adam, Aaron and Nolan picked him up from Kid Safari yesterday afternoon:

"It was a GREAT day."
"I met a new friend Kenneth."
"Now I have lots of friends, Kenneth, Braxton, Peyton, Emily, Nathan...and myself...that's like 6 friends."

Aaron, on the other hand, had some difficulty this morning getting excited about his second day of preschool. First there was hesitation at the car door after biking Collin to school, "Why do I have to go there all the time?" Then refusal to exit the car once we arrived at St. Stephen's, followed by clinging and sobbing at the preschool door as Mrs. Johnson hugged him out of my arms, "NOOOO...Mommmmmmmy...don't leave meeeeeee....."

By the time Nolan and I arrived to retrieve him, he was participating happily in the group song and greeted us with a huge smile, excited that he got to go to the muscle room today because of the rain storm.

It's selfish, but I hope he has an easier time at drop-off on Monday, because it absolutely kills me to leave him when he is so upset.

No comments: