Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

St. Stephen's Preschool

This morning, after biking Collin to "Green Day" at kindergarten, we hustled home, jumped in the car and drove Aaron to his first day of preschool at St. Stephen's.


In the midst of the kindergarten chaos of last week, Adam received a call on Tuesday, September 7, while Collin and I were attending the Westwood orientation, that a spot had opened up for Aaron in the Monday/Wednesday 9:00-11:30am preschool class with Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Zosel at St. Stephen's, just a couple miles from our home on France Ave. After taking a tour and meeting the director, Julie, that same afternoon, we enrolled Aaron in the program and forfeited his Tuesday/Thursday am placement at St. Andrew's. St. Stephen's is both closer to home and more convenient with our new schedule: Adam no longer has to drive back and forth to Lori's four times on Tuesdays and we don't have to pay Lori for the time Aaron's at preschool, which seemed a little ridiculous to me anyway.

Outside the doors at St. Stephen's, Aaron was a little apprehensive about his first day, saying things like, "I want to go to Mrs. Chelle's room" (Sunday school) and "I'll do this when I'm older."
Aaron posed for a picture with Mrs. Johnson before class. Instead of a long goodbye, I turned and "left" with Nolan. After Aaron had washed his hands and settled into his classroom, Nolan and I went back and peeked through the window to make sure he was doing OK. He was sitting with other new friends on a rug looking at books.

After dropping Aaron at preschool, Nolan and I headed to Metro Peds for an 18-month well-baby exam with Dr. Kramarczuk and 2 shots, DTaP and seasonal flu. After the nurse injected the first needle into his left thigh, he furrowed his eyebrows and yelled "OWWWW!" He watched with disgust as she made a move for his right thigh, and began screaming as the second needle was jabbed into his leg. My little buddy was pretty upset with me for allowing the injustice and pointed at the fluorescent pink bandaids until I removed them. Once his pants were back on, all was forgiven.

Nolan weighs 26 pounds, 14 ounces (62 percentile), is 35 inches tall (97 percentile), and has a head circumference of 20.2 inches (99 percentile). Dr. Kramarczuk detected a heart murmur, due to the blood rushing down from his head, which is not a concern.

At his 18-month exam, Aaron weighed 27 pounds, 12 ounces, was 34 1/2 inches tall, and had a head circumference of 19 3/4 inches.

Collin did not have an 18-month well-baby visit.

The boys are growing so quickly we did another clothes upgrade this past weekend: Nolan to 2T, Aaron to size 4 and Collin to size 8.

When we arrived at 11:30 to retrieve Aaron from preschool, Nolan and I again peeked in the classroom to witness Aaron laughing with his classmates as they played with a parachute. He was all smiles when he exited his room wearing a star headband bearing his name and carrying two art projects he had colored, along with a new St. Stephen's preschool t-shirt. When I asked him if he'd like to come and play there again he gave a resounding, "YES!"...although he is a little concerned that his teachers call him "Aaron B." instead of just "Aaron" (because there is one other boy in his class named Aaron).

The real test will be how he does at drop-off on Wednesday.

No comments: