Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Resolutions

I decided to mix things up a bit this year by making a New Year's resolution to spend more quality time with Adam. The universe immediately responded, with the gift of a Vera Bradley While We're Away journal from our neighbor, Diana. I can basically count on one hand the number of dates we have been on since having Collin nearly 6 years ago. It's been really challenging for us to find suitable babysitters; however, now that both Nolan and our neighbor, Molly, are getting older, it should, in theory, be easier for Adam and I to sneak away for a couple of hours to enjoy some time reconnecting as a couple.

My resolution is off to a respectable start. In the month of January, I planned and organized twice as many dates as we went on in all of 2010 (which is a whopping one, for those keeping track, courtesy of Auntie Laura, who watched the boys when she was home this summer so Adam and I could enjoy a walk around Lake Calhoun and Lake of Isles followed by a dinner at Roat Osha).

We kicked off date night on Saturday, January 8 with a 4:00 sculpt class at CorePower Yoga in Edina, following by dinner at Brassa in "Nordeast". We arrived home by 7:30, so Molly didn't have to tackle bedtime on her first real night of babysitting.

Last Saturday, January 29, the kids went to Parent's Night Out at St. Stephen's preschool from 3:30 to 7:30 while Adam and I cross country skiied around Hyland Lake. We stopped at Bloomington Lifetime North for a quick dip in the hot tub and a shower, before driving down to Burnsville for an Italian dinner and wine at Stephano's. Before picking up the kiddos from their special "party night", we stopped at CUB for groceries and rented "The Town" from the Redbox, so date night could continue after we completed bedtime routines.

I don't know where we're headed in the month of February...but I'm excited to find out. This is one resolution I'm not going to have much trouble keeping.

No comments: