Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lost and Found

I haven't been able to find the energy to much of anything as of late...let alone blog. The early Spring mornings and long days typically lure me out of winter hibernation...but not this year. That isn't to say we've not been extremely busy, and that I won't, in the next couple of weeks attempt to fill in the gaps of the past 8 or so weeks.

As we were leaving Lincoln Fields off 88th and Penn on Sunday following the kick off to BYSC summer soccer for Collin and Aaron, Adam realized his wedding ring was missing. After 45 minutes of diligently searching the most logical spots amongst hundreds of people, we sadly gave up and continued with our plan to drive out to Hudson to visit the Andersons. The ring weighed heavy on Adam's mind...and by Monday morning, he had secured a metal detector from Paul's Rentals and Sales in Richfield for $16 so he could shoot the field.

Nolan and I arrived at the field first, after we dropped Aaron off at preschool. A tractor was already driving back and forth in one of the areas we desired to search, re-painting the field lines in the grass. We searched all of the obvious places...and as Adam said, "it wasn't looking good for the home team." About to give up, we were confident we had maneuvered our way to last area we sat to watch Collin, when Nolan spied a soggy Cheez-It cracker deep in the grass. Shortly thereafter, the metal detector indicated a strong hit. I dove for the band and placed it on Adam's finger with the words I said nearly 10 years ago, "I give you this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness."

Today when Aaron, Nolan and I arrived home from a family dinner at Chipolte, Lilly greeted us at the door, meowed, and then attempted to bolt outside, which is very uncharacteristic behavior for her. Because it was late, I was on a mission to get the kids in the bath and off to bed. Lilly, however, was persistent in her attempt to get my attention, pacing in the hallway, continually meowing, louder and louder. It finally occurred to me that I hadn't seen Tiger, who usually is the one to greet us at the door and then bolt outside, since the morning, when I was rounding up all the kids for drop-off at Westwood, drop-off at Jane's, followed by work in NE Minneapolis because Adam had a 7:00 am meeting in Plymouth.

My suspicions were quickly confirmed after a quick search of the house, Tiger was gone...and had been for almost 12 hours. I quickly called Adam and Collin, who were on their way home from BAA baseball orientation to tell them the news.

Meanwhile, Aaron was devastated, standing in the tub, sobbing about his missing kitty. After getting Aaron and Nolan into their pj's, I meekly walked outside and quietly called, "Here kitty...here kitty, kitty, kitty"...and to my surprise, Tiger jumped out of the play set and came running to me.

It's only Tuesday, and we've already had more than our share of luck this week. Hopefully we don't need any more.

No comments: