Our morning schedule was aggressive. See Collin off at the bus stop, drop Aaron at preschool by 9:00, and be at the lab at Edina Sports Heath and Wellness by 9:15 so I could get my blood drawn before Nolan's 3-year old well-child visit at Metro Peds at 9:30. I assured Nolan a hundred times that he didn't have to have a shot, but he wasn't convinced after watching my venous draw. I carried him out of the car with him whimpering, "I don't want to go to my 'pointment, I don't want to go to my 'pointment..."
After getting over the initial scare, he did just fine. He cooperated with the nurse, who gathered his statistics. He's 34.6 pounds (77th percentile), 37.8 inches tall (57th percentile), with a BMI of 17.02 (79th percentile). His blood pressure was 80/48. He passed his hearing test and vision screening with flying colors, and even allowed Dr. K to look in his ears (he was particularly concerned about the otoscope). Dr. Kramarczuk said the pea-sized lump on his left clavicle is just an inflamed lymph node, which will probably return to a more normal size within the next year.
When we got out to the car I gave him a mint for being brave.
"What is brave, Momma?"
"Brave is when you do something you're a little afraid to do."
"Oh, yeah...I was bery brave!"
Friday, March 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment