My work schedule changed back to Tuesdays and Thursdays at the beginning of this month when Jane announced a Thursday opening in her daycare schedule. Our neighbor, Chelle Deering, volunteered to babysit Aaron and Nolan on Friday mornings so that I can volunteer in Collin's kindergarten classroom. I typically arrive in the room 121 between 9:30 and 10:00 during choice time. Mrs. Johnson puts me to work preparing the next week's letter books or facilitating messy art projects, before assisting with library time. I'm eternally grateful for this unexpected opportunity to be involved in Collin's classroom. Aaron affectionately refers to Chelle, who is also his Sunday school teacher, as "Grandma Chelle"...I just know she is a blessing.
Because of Chelle's generosity, I was able to participate in the Halloween classroom party I orchestrated in my reluctant role as room parent. The class is divided equally into groups of 6 students, who rotate through 4 parent volunteer led stations of craft, snack, story, and game every 15 minutes. For the game, I led a holiday themed game of Westwood BINGO.
While the parents put the finishing touches on their stations, the class sang "There's a spider on my head...on my head", Raffi. Collin, i.e. Iron Man, is sitting directly to the left of Mrs. Johnson.






No comments:
Post a Comment