Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 16, 2010

They Grow Up So Fast?

We've spent the week battling an unknown illness. Aaron was the first to succumb, presenting with a fever around noon on Sunday, following a very busy weekend of wedding festivities. By Tuesday his entire body was covered in a rash and I didn't feel well. Adam took his turn on Wednesday. Collin had a fever when Adam picked him up from Kid Safari on Thursday afternoon. Since I had the annual NMDP Council Meeting to attend on Friday and Saturday, Adam brought Aaron and Nolan to Bright Horizons and worked from home while nursing Collin back to health. On Saturday, Nolan battled a fever, followed by a the same rash Aaron presented earlier in the week. In the middle all of it, we pulled a bender on Thursday night, which culminated in the purchase of an unnecessary copy of TurboTax Business, to complete our taxes by Friday's extension deadline.

Upon my return from work on Friday evening, Adam shared the following e-mail correspondence (sent to his Gustavus "Litter box" friends) with me:

"So Collin was running a fever last night and this morning and had to stay home from school. I had some flexibility in my work and was able to work from home while he napped and watched movies. We are having lunch and here is our conversation:

Dad, I have to ask you something.
Yes Collin, what is it?
If Yoda and all his friends fought Superman and all his friends, who would win?
Hmmm, good question.

From there we debated for about 10-15 minutes things like Superman’s heat vision being deflected off light sabers and if Yoda got all the Storm-Troopers to fight for him that might make the difference. Granted it isn’t as intellectually stimulating at Ali and some fat guy playing hockey vs the Gretzky and the GAC varsity team but considering he never has seen the Star Wars movies and only picking up information from kids at school, I would say he is ahead of his time.

The following responses followed:
From Brian Wilson:
The Force is strong in this young one.... unlike his father.

P.S. The Jedi Knights would absolutely destroy Superman and his guys. Simply bring out their kryptonite infused light sabers, and watch Superman cry.

From Robroy MacIver:
Truly a talent. I agree with Brian, you can't get around the Kryptonite....

Rebuttal from Dad:
I was leaning Superheroes because any way you look at it, Luke Skywalker is still a sissy by any definition and the Flash is pretty fast and not much you can do to even touch him. That said, Superman is the leader of the Superheroes and Kryptonite does take him out of play....

I will take this new variable back to Collin and get back to you.

From Andy Schmidt:
Hey now, you can't use Luke Skywalker as the the prototype for a Jedi Knight. I think they lowered the bar to sneak him in...who are we kidding, there was no one else around...kind of like the kid who gets picked last to be on the team. Most of the Jedi's were quite a bit more bad-ass--not to mention being able to anticipate and see into the future.

And finally from Brian Wilson:
I mean, what the 'F' is Aquaman going to do against these guys?

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Ha! Awesome! Hope all the ills have passed. Olivia also had the same rash on her tummy etc. Funny how these things burn through the population!