Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 16, 2009

An End and a Beginning

We finally decided enough is enough and are surrendering to Aaron’s demands. After weeks of ceaseless negotiations and difficult drop-offs we provided written notice to Sherri and Deb, effectively immediately, stating Aaron will no longer be attending the Preschool Sampler program at St. Andrew’s. Since we intended it to be a fun introduction to school, it seems counter intuitive to keep trying to convince him of that.

He’s been unable to verbalize what exactly he doesn’t enjoy about school, but he was relieved when we told him he can now stay with Mommy and Nolan after we drop Collin at his room. At 2, he just wasn’t ready…and he has the rest of his life to go to school…and he is still recovering from hospitalization for pneumonia (does it sound like I’m trying to justify our decision?).

At least he is reassuring about his future educational pursuits, “I’ll go when I’m older…when I turn 3.”

Our little dinosaur at his school Halloween celebration on October 26, 2009, the day before he was diagnosed with double pneumonia. Is it really any wonder he didn't want to go to his party?

Tonight, while Molly Deering watched Collin and Aaron, Adam, Nolan, and I attended a Bloomington Public Schools kindergarten informational meeting at the Pond Center. It seemed premature, since Collin won’t begin kindergarten for another 10 months. After the large group meeting, we attended a question/answer session for Westwood Elementary, the public elementary school closest to our home, led by the principal and one of the kindergarten teachers, Mrs. Johnson.

I can’t believe Collin is old enough for all of this.

I can’t believe Adam and I are old enough for this.

No comments: