Upon inspection of the 8 ½ x 11 replica lying on my chair, I immediately realized the rough versus final draft of my poster, which was to be presented this evening at the 35th annual meeting of the American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI) meeting in San Francisco, had accidentally been printed by our AA staff. The results section was an exact copy of the methods section, which gave it away. My co-workers had the pleasure of witnessing my first and unsuccessful attempt at text messaging. After 10 minutes of concentrated pecking I had mustered, "poster is crap pull it down", which I accidentally sent to Jane's land line. Not only was I disappointed that all my hard work was for naught, but I was also embarrassed that a huge blank space with 50 colored handouts represented what should have been a colorful visual display of my results.
It is karma. At last years meeting in Toronto I snickered at those blank spaces and the authors that neglected to get their posters displayed and presented. This year that blank space is “Dr. Beduhn.” It didn’t matter that I was the first person in the department with a completed and approved final draft…this one was never meant to be.
Human Immunology, ISSN 0198-8859, vol 79, Supplement 1, page S110, 197-P

2 comments:
grrrrr.......
We got your card - Russ (and I) love your address label!!! Target?
Snapfish, actually. They are fun, aren't they?
Hope all is well with you. I'm dreadfully behind with my blogging, which is starting to cause me stress.
Blessings.
Post a Comment