Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Aaron is sick. Based on all the flu hype, we can only assume he’s contracted H1N1. We cancelled the Anderson/Beduhn weekly daycare swap yesterday. This gave Adam and I time to negotiate our typical half day emergency work arrangement, which involves me going into work early and arriving home by noon so he can go into the office for afternoon meetings.

Since we don’t usually have the opportunity to spend Thursday afternoons together, we decided to do something special…pumpkin carving. The boys attentively watched as I carefully cut around the stems to expose the pumpkin guts. I then turned them loose with spoons so they could begin scooping the contents into bowls. Neither was very excited about this task. Together we discussed individual desired facial features, while I executed the geometric designs with a paring knife.





I thought we’d sailed through the activity without an injury…up until the point Aaron began acrobatically climbing from his booster seat to Nolan’s high chair to reach the floor. Unfortunately, he slipped, forcefully banging the front of his head on the table, slightly cracking open the corner of his left eye and giving himself a shiner. At first glance, I thought we were headed back to the emergency room…but once the screaming subsided, we decided we could handle the injury on our own.


Truth be told, Aaron is just a mess right now.

No comments: