It was fortunate for Adam that Grandma EIO was available to come and spend the weekend at the Holiday Inn in Willmar with me and the boys, because his USTA winter team’s wild card berth (which was announced mid-week) left me high and dry with three kids on a day when I was committed (for a year) to playing piano at Lori and Dan’s wedding.
Aaron, Nolan and I picked Collin up from school on Friday and immediately embarked on our journey west. We had settled into our room and had begun enjoying the pool by the time Grandma arrived. I left to attend rehearsal, and returned for a pizza dinner at the Green Mill before we put the boys down for the night.
The weekend was a smashing success, considering the circumstances. The wedding was beautiful…and it was fun to spend some quality time with Mom. We played at the pool, did art projects in the room, and even managed to take all three boys to the reception.
I should have known by the characteristic butt rash that only corn starch can sooth that Nolan was cutting his first teeth. By this morning, both bottom central incisors had erupted from his lower gum, which explains the special mood he’s been in all weekend.






No comments:
Post a Comment