Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Outgrowing

Aaron, "Mommy, Mommy, MOMMY...will you snuggle with me?"
"Sure, Aaron...let's go sit in the rocking chair."

We sit and rock in silence for about 3 minutes.

Aaron, quietly, "I don't like to rock."
"You want me to stop rocking?"
"Yes."
"Mommy, I'd like to go back and read books with Collin and Daddy."
"OK, but do you think we could just sit here like this tonight?"
"No...I'd like to go back to my bed."
"OK."

Upon returning to his room he tumbled into his snuggle spot next to Daddy, and declared, "I love this book"(Chuck the Dump Truck).

I guess it's safe to say he has adjusted to and is enjoying his 'new' (post-Nolan's arrival) bedtime routine. We frequency catch the boys snuggling before we tuck them in one last time before retiring to bed ourselves. I like knowing they find comfort in each other's presence...in the sometimes scary darkness of the night.

Lake Vermilion snuggle buddies, Labor Day 2009
At home, 9/8/2009

No comments: