Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tandem Biking

We came across a tandem kid’s bike attachment, as well as some extra wooden tracks for the train set, at a rummage sale at Mary Pat’s house while walking around the neighborhood last night. This afternoon we loaded up the bikes and headed to Bush Lake to get some fresh air. We tethered Collin to my bike and attached the Bell to Adam’s (Ellen’s) Huffy, which contained both Nolan in his car seat and Aaron crouched in the front on a blanket on the nylon floor.

We began at our usual park access point off Hampshire Avenue, and biked around the park before stopping at Chutes and Ladders.

Collin was thrilled with this new mode of transportation. At first, I was cautious; with his weight and strength he had the potential to throw us off balance. We agreed that he would stop pedaling if I called back the command, so I was confident we could stop if/when necessary.

It was exhilarating to have him pedaling excitedly behind me…to give me a little extra push when my thighs were burning…to have his little voice encouraging me to pedal faster so that we could overtake Daddy and the Bell…to hear him laughing…

I’m already looking forward to our next adventure.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

ah...my prom prize lives on!! it's a miracle that thing didn't end up in the bottom of the big sioux river. remember that day, liz!!