Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It Happened Again


I didn’t like either of my options. It seemed contraction of H1N1 was nearly inevitable after walking Aaron across the parking lot to the Fairview Urgent Care and seeing the waiting room full of masks. I didn’t even open the doors. Instead, with Aaron in my arms we returned to the parking lot to seek further family consul. Since Adam was having some problems with consciousness and Collin was screaming because he didn’t want Aaron to get the flu, I called Molly for a consult. She recommended we opt for the stitches, since Aaron’s injury was on his face.

It began as a harmless trip to LeeAnn Chin (note the punny irony), following an errand to collect our broken lawnmower from an older neighborhood gentleman who spends his free time repairing small engines. As we were leaving the restaurant, Aaron, with his hands suspended between two tables, attempted an unsuccessful jump off the vinyl bench, which resulted in a head-first dive onto the linoleum covered concrete floor, splitting open his chin.

The PA assigned to our case agreed that Aaron’s injury required stitches. Three stitches later we were on our way home with Adam, while Collin and Nolan waited at home with Evonne.

It appears that Aaron may be missing his fear chip…or is an adrenaline junkie. Either way, I hope this is our last visit to the Urgent Care for a very long time.

No comments: