We laid low today. Adam took Collin back and forth to school, so that we could keep Aaron out of the cold, damp air. After a rough night, Aaron is doing better in the daylight. He's still not eating and he's now officially visibly annoyed with my endless attempts to keep him hydrated. It's a full-time job.
It was costume day at school, so Collin left the house as a dinosaur, or "two-horned Sharptooth" and came home with a full booty of treats. Adam and Collin arrived home at noon with a pizza, Pedialyte, and fancy straws...anything to make drinking more enjoyable.
Linda and Maxine were driving through on their way to Mankato and surprised us with a chicken and mashed potato dinner with French silk pie for dessert from Lunds. I was so grateful that I didn't have to plan and cook a meal tonight, as Adam and I are feeling drained physically, mentally, and emotionally. Nolan thought the mashed potatoes were yummy...and especially enjoyed feeding himself.

I was only away from Nolan for a little over 24 hours, but in that short period of time he learned how to pull himself up on the furniture...or whoever is near him. Adam said that while he and Collin were playing in the middle of the living room floor yesterday afternoon, they looked over and saw Nolan standing next to the couch. Is it wrong that I've considered hobbling him with a sleep sack...to keep him my baby a little longer?

In one of Collin and Aaron's favorite Franklin the Turtle books, Franklin's Halloween, Franklin's friend, Bear, is home sick with a nasty cold, so he is unable to attend the neighborhood Halloween festivities. Adam drove Collin over to Trunk or Treat at TLC tonight, with an extra bag to collect treats for Aaron. Since it was raining, they had moved the party indoors. I was sympathetic, remembering that I missed my kindergarten Christmas party because of the chicken pox. It just wasn't the same having Dad drive to Estelline to collect the same present I had brought to share, paper dolls. I'm sure it wasn't the same for Aaron, either...but we have to do everything we can to make sure he gets better.
1 comment:
Go Nolan! I am sure Collin has been a vigilant big brother in your absence. Happy to hear that Aaron is home and that you all celebrated the best holiday of the year :)
Post a Comment