Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Robyn and Heath

While reviewing our schedule a couple weeks ago, a key clerical error was discovered: USTA sectionals were not the weekend of August 21-22 as recorded, but instead coincided with Robyn and Heath's wedding this past Saturday. To maximize our time with family (Reid and Alysha were home), I decided to take the boys to the farm on Thursday morning, staying through Monday, August 16, while Adam stayed home to participate in the tennis tournament held at LifeTime Fitness in Lakeville.

Grandma EIO bought Collin and Aaron balloon rockets, which they enjoyed Friday afternoon.


As a farmer's daughter, it is blasphemous to be grateful for rain during harvest, but it was an unforeseen blessing to have the opportunity to spend so much quality time with Grandpa EIO and Uncle Reid. The boys enjoyed multiple 4-wheeler rides with Grandpa throughout the weekend; all except Nolan, who wouldn't go near the noisy ATV. Great Grandma Darlene also visited and spent the majority of Saturday with us.

Nolan discussing the results of Saturday's matches with Daddy:

"We won today 3-0 in the morning match and 3-0 in the afternoon.
I won 6-2, 6-0
Todd/Dussault 6-4, 6-3
Haddy/Brett 3-4

In the afternoon Fargo only brought 4 guys so they defaulted singles.
Duss/TB won 6-3, 6-3
Haddy/Beduhn 7-5, 6-2
"

Nolan rides the pedal tractor, which is a much quieter experience than the 4-wheeler.
Tyler, happily playing in the mud puddle with one of Reid's old Tonka trucks.
Sleepy Cody
There are days when I really miss Grandma Lavonna...and today is one of them. I couldn't help thinking that she would've really wanted to be here for this...and then knew in my heart that she was.

"Today I will marry my friend...the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love"...Robyn and Heath Bruna
Mmmmm...wedding cupcakes
Aaron pulled up a chair with other small persons in the main aisle of the Estelline VFW to get a front row seat of the action on the dance floor, patiently watching the obligatory first dances and waiting in anxious anticipation for an opportunity to participate. To kick off group dancing, a snowball dance was initiated. I watched as all the other kids were whisked out onto the dance floor, until only Aaron remained in his chair. I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if he would like to dance with me and he shook his head saying, "that's not how it works". I was able to communicate to Sherri that Aaron would be grateful to dance: she asked and he accepted. When it was time for everyone to invite a new partner to the dance floor, Aaron asked Grandma EIO if she would like to dance with him and she happily accepted his offer. Collin, Nolan and I subsequently joined them for the chicken dance.

After a day of running solo at a wedding with 3 boys, our time to exit stage right had come. By 9:47 we had debatably overstayed our welcome, but we felt blessed we had the opportunity to celebrate with Robyn and Heath as they began their new life together.
Sunday we enjoyed a visit from Great Grandpa Orville, playing bags and relaxing.



Bean bag winners!
Nolan confiscated one of the bean bags, carrying it off with an uncooked cob of sweet corn I had just shucked for dinner. He couldn't be convinced to wait for the cooking, happily munching on the fresh, raw corn. This after he crawled up into a lawn chair and tried to take a swig of beer from an empty bottle, mimicking behavior he witnessed at the end of each round of bags from the adult participants.
Front row seat of the action
Great Grandpa with Collin, Aaron, and Nolan
Unfortunately, the team Adam captained this summer came up a little short in the final match of the tournament, falling to Ben Davis' team...but, as we know from personal experience, they can still hope for either the wild card or default entry into the national tournament.

No comments: