Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

And Daddy leaves us...


Daddy, Collin and Aaron embarked on an adventure...armed with sticks they fought the sticky burrs, walked down to the "river" and back up the "mountain"...all the while looking for the princess (Mommy). Have I mentioned that they have awesome imaginations?

They love it here...and I'm so grateful that we have this place. I come here to remember who I am. I bring them here so they can learn about space...silence...

It is good for us to be here. Unfortunately, Adam has to work, so he went back to the Cities tonight. We'll see him this upcoming weekend. I'm not sure what he's going to do without us, but I know that he had a few ideas, including working out and sleeping!

I hope he enjoys the break.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

March 30, 2009

Hi Beth,

Thank you for sharing your blogsite with Ed and me. We love reading your thoughts and seeing the darling pictures you have posted. This means so much to us. I'm sure it is theraputic for you. It's insightful for us. Thank you.

We are so happy for you and ALL your boys, that you have your parents farm to return to. We are thrilled for Collin, Aaron, Nolan and Adam to have this wonderful opportunity of experiencing a disappearing way of life in America. But more importantly, it is your family and your roots that you are returning to. This connection to family is a big part of your strength, your passion, your curiosity, your kindness, your love, your sense of being and your joy. It is where you learned compassion, right from wrong, and what it means to be part of a family. You know who you are, and what is important to you. It is the sense of belonging and knowing what is important in this life. It is the feeling of unconditional love.

I surely appreciate your statement: "I come here to remember who I am. I bring them here so they can learn about space...silence..." Ithink I know what you are speaking to. It is the seed that God placed in each of our souls. That seed flourishes with the nurturing of a family's love. It is the connection from the past to the future. Somehow, it is the connection to the earth, that brings us back to our true selves, to our roots. (No pun intended.) It is in the space and the silence of the farm, that frees you from the daily distractions of your everyday life. You can again hear your inner voice, reaffirming to you what is important in this world. It is this connection that makes you, YOU. It is this very gift that you (and Adam) are passing on to your children. Unconditional love is a blessing in this world. You are a blessing in our life and in our family. We love you dearly Beth.
Wendy