Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Who Came?


I read somewhere that in the "West" we have an obsession with birth statistics. Upon the birth of a child, the usual numbers are rattled off...baby sex, weight, length, head circumference, time of birth, etc. Although these things are interesting, a more appropriate question may be, "Who Came?"

Having spent only 13 days with Nolan Russell, I won't be able to fully speak to this question...but I can provide some initial insight into this soul that has joined our family. Nolan has a calm spirit, but is very excitable when getting his diaper changed, when getting a bath, when naked in general...or when hungry. He has a special cry that he reserves for his car seat and times when mom just can't figure him out...I liken it to scared. I'd probably be scared, too, given that he usually has three people staring at him (two of whom are usually screaming in his face), every time he has quiet alert time.

For those who like statistics...I will also provide them.
Nolan Russell Beduhn joined our family at 11:22 AM on Monday, March 2, 2009. He was 9 pounds, 13 ounces (after peeing and pooping on my belly), 22 1/2 inches long with a head circumference of 15 inches. He is my biggest infant. 8 days later, at his one week appointment, he weighed in at 10 pounds, 6 ounces. He proved his namesake, BaPa EIO wrong...by crushing his birth weight. He's a very healthy, handsome little boy, with lots of black hair and dark blue eyes. Not surprising, he's a good nurser, who won't even look at a pacifier without screaming his face off. We are working on that; although, an "older" woman at the doctor's office, after watching me try to calm him after Collin's 4 year well-child visit, said I didn't stand a chance with a pacifier if he likes breastfeeding. Great. At least that's one last thing that I'll have to take away! (unlike Collin and Aaron's trains that are in time-out for two weeks after an altercation involving a flying Clarabelle). Not a story we want to re-tell anytime soon for obvious reasons!

So...here's to keeping you all updated on the daily happenings at the Beduhns'...and to continuing to answer the question.

No comments: