Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Daddy



Nolan is smiling now...but he is reserving it for his Daddy. Figures. My boys love their Daddy, and who doesn't really? I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard, "Daddy do it" in the past 4 years!

After begging Adam to stay home from work on Friday, Collin finally let him leave the house. He then came into the bathroom and told me, "I want to be a Daddy when I grow up!" This speaks to their special bond...it's a mighty strong bond. It's hard not to be jealous...but then I realize just how lucky I am to be married to such an amazing husband and father to my children.

I tested the limits of my marriage last week when I sent Adam on a breast milk bags and pantyliner run to a large discount retailer (that shall remain nameless) near his work. You're probably thinking to yourself...you wouldn't do that to him! BUT I'm just not getting out with three boys to run after, and I'm producing at least 12 extra ounces of milk per day...so YES, I actually did. Adam called me from the aisle in question...with questions...because there are many options! He's a gem.

Yesterday we were invited to "Pump It Up Play"...OR, heaven for the 2-4 year old crowd. Collin and Aaron jumped and slid on various inflatable devices, while Adam ran after them. Nolan was camped out in the Baby Bjorn, apparently overstimulated by the event. Then we drove to St. Cloud around noon to spend the day with BaPa Minnows and Grandma Honey Honey. The day was FULL of playing...playing...and more playing. We finally had to resort to Noggin TV around dinnertime, since there had been virtually no opportunity for adult conversation up until that point! We left right after dinner...and are hoping to get back soon.




1 comment:

Ellen said...

i was just relaying this story to carmen, and we were a little mortified by the pantyliners and breast milk liners. we maintain that there should be some mysteries...
cheers to adam!!!