Beside the "Count Your Many Blessings" sticker posted above the archway to Great Grandma Alice's kitchen was another reminder..."Bloom Where You are Planted."
I haven't thought about those sayings in many years...but this summer, while transplanting hostas to their new home amidst the mulberry bushes along the back fence, I found myself humming, "Count your blessings, name them one by one...Count your many blessings, see what God has done," while reflecting on the second saying. Bloom where you are planted is a reminder to be content...and maybe even more than that, to decline waiting for the right time, the right place...the right reason to thrive and be happy.
I never imagined, as a farm girl from SD who loves open spaces, that I would be planted in a little corner of a major metropolis. Although it's not what I had planned, we've made a good life for ourselves here. Our life is overflowing with abundant blessings, more than we could have ever hoped to receive.
We're not just planted here, waiting to be transplanted to something "better"
...we've decided to bloom.






No comments:
Post a Comment