Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

"I'm Only 2!"

At the suggestion of Pastor John Nelson, I've documented some of Collin's most memorable quotes and mannerisms, followed by the date. He was somewhat of a hold out on talking, probably because he was very proficient at baby sign language. My first journal entry was "Need Me!", the phrase Collin used to indicate he needed something. It is followed by dozens of entries that are now fond memories of his language development.

August 23, 2007
"Mommy, ask me my day."
"Collin, how was your day?"
"Fine."...smile.

May 2008
"Daddy, would you hold me?"
"Yes, Collin" (Daddy snuggled in)
"Would you always hold me like this?" (Daddy's face on Collin's face, spooning)
"Yes, I'll always hold you like this."

..."Well, DO IT!"

My latest entry is dated April 2009
"Don't worry, Mom, Smarties make you smarter!" Collin's assurance that it was OK to eat the entire pack of candies from his Sunday school teacher, Mrs. Chelle, before lunch.

Aaron's also getting into the act. His current "Aaronisms", said in a unique high-pitched Aaron voice, include:

"You said that!"...Aaron's way of holding us accountable to our words and the sequence of desirable events.

"I'm only 2"...said sometimes in an assuring voice as a way to explain why he won't eat "fill in the blank vegetable" and sometimes with indignation at what he feels are unreasonable instructions for someone his age.

"I be around you"...means he's ready for either Adam or I to put our arm around him as he snuggles in for books at nap or bedtime.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

My favorite 'Aaronism' happened on October 5th, when 'Minnows' and 'Honey Honey' were watching the three boys for the day. I was pouring some water from the newly filled Pur water filter, into Aarons' glass. The the pitcher was very top heavy, causing the water to go out of the cover, onto the counter top, down the cabinettes and onto the floor everywhere! Collin, Aaron and I stood there in our wet stocking feet, with water wicking up our sweat pants. Collin had a surprised smile on his face that silently said "Oh oh!". Aaron calmly looked at his wet feet and pants, and then looked to me and said: "DO WE HAVE TO SPILL AT EVERY MEAL?" My laughter could have been heard down the block! It still makes me laugh out loud when I replay the event in my mind,... and I know it always will!
I Love you boys,
Honey Honey