
Room 23

The Grand Duchess
We stepped out onto the bow of the Grand Duchess hand in hand, with Nolan in the baby Bjorn just as a live version of "Good Things" by the Bodeans began to play over the speaker system. This was the song playing as Adam and I drove into Ketchum, ID for our first date in 1998, over 10 years ago..."You see, I can see...good things for you and I." We have been blessed with so much good...so many good things.
This adventure was compliments of the Silent Auction and Benefit for Lynne Dorr, my friend and co-worker who was injured in a life changing car accident on the morning of November 8 on her way to the NMDP Council Meeting. The certificate needed to be redeemed by the end of June, so we scheduled a mini vacation for the boys at Grandpa Minnows and Grandma Honey Honeys. Grandma and Grandpa arrived at our house around 11:00 am yesterday morning...after Adam had played tennis with Ryan Haddorff and I attended Nurture in Nature yoga at the labyrinth at Centennial Lakes Park. They were headed to Como Park, for adventures at the zoo and Como Town Amusement Park. We walked to Chipolte for lunch and drove to Afton around 2:00, stopping at a plant sale to purchase 11 ostrich ferns and a garage sale to purchase a hose storage box.
The evening ended with an old hippie comedian. I laughed open mouthed and out loud at his crude demeanor. He was hilarious. It is good for the soul to laugh and be in the presence of laughter...and to spend time re-connecting with the person who brings laughter, joy and lightness into my life.






No comments:
Post a Comment