Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Too Hot

Nolan, cooling off with ice packs.

I consider air conditioning a luxury, not a necessity. After all, we Hamanns managed to survive childhood with only an oscillating fan, begging Mom and Dad from time to time to turn on the window AC unit. With the weather well into the 90's this week, this stance is debatable. At one point the thermometer registered 91 degrees in our kitchen...and it was sultry. Adam finally broke down on Tuesday night, crawled up into the attic with Collin and Aaron while Nolan and I were at girl's night, to re-attach the air conditioning vents for the summer.

I doubt AC will curtail Aaron's nightly routine, which involves declaring it's "too hot", sitting up in bed, and waiting for Adam or I to flip his pillow to the cold side. I do know this modern convenience is going to make our house a little more comfortable and keep us all a little less irritable.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I hear that - didn't have the AC until late puberty. I must have really been stinky in the summers!