Collin has been peppering us with questions about the Divine...including...
"Is God in our hearts?"
"Is God in the sky or down in the ground?"
"Can I eat as much as God?"
"Does God like it when I (fill in the blank)?"
"Will God die?"
"How did God get there?"
"Does God love everyone?"
"Why do we die?"
"Mommy...are you going to die?"
While these are interesting questions, the question I've found most intriguing as of late is, "Does God live way up high in the sky...and use a remote control...to make things happen down here?"
Great Uncle Don explained his faith in the same way during a discussion regarding human impact on the environment at Easter a couple of years ago. This world view conveniently deflects responsibility away from the individual...making us unaccountable to our actions.
Adam's right...listening to each other's attempts at responding to these questions makes us question our own faith...
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment