The prescribed amount of time has passed and Aaron’s stitches are ready to come out. Unfortunately, it just dawned on me this morning that we should utilize in network coverage for the removal, so I called Dr. Kramarczuk’s office to see if we could be "worked in" today. I actually considered removing them at home to save us the health insurance billing hassle. Really, how hard can it be to cut and tweeze out a few stitches?
Aaron was so brave…and his forehead looks really good. The stitches have been replaced by some glue and bandaid type sutures. Once the paper sutures fall off, we are tasked with applying an OTC drug called Mederma 4x/day with SPF 30 for up to 6 months to protect the scar from the sun. All of this to make sure the scarring isn't permanent…so that someday he can jump over a bonfire after a night of imbibing, crash into a friend in mid-air, and get a scar (ala Uncle Reid) on his own watch.
I guess that does make for a better story than a fall at the library.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment