
There are some obvious benefits to owning the Scotts classic hand mower. We purchased this little beauty 8 years ago for a little over a hundred bucks. "It's noise-free, fume-free, and guilt-free. Using it is good aerobic exercise. It doesn't fire rocks and debris out the side. It has big 10-inch wheels with grippy radial tires. You can easily choose from among 9 height settings. The five heat-treated steel blades make a terrific old-fashioned whirring sound when in use, and do a fine job chopping most grass down to size (although twigs, high grass and weeds, uneven terrain, and tall slopes can be a problem). The small rear wheels help keep it well-balanced and make it maneuverable. And it's easy to clean and store." And the best part is that it's so easy to use that even a four-year old can mow the grass.
We turned Collin loose in the backyard, and after zigzagging around for at least an hour in no particular pattern, he managed to knock down most of the grass. To my knowledge, we didn't violate any child labor laws, as he seemed to genuinely enjoy his new-found responsibility. We all decided he did a beautiful job.
After our success cutting the grass, we moved on to hair. There are a couple of things I now desperately wish I would've learned from my mom...one is sewing and the other is cutting hair. I've decided that the only way to learn is to practice...so the boys received another mommy cut. There's still room for improvement, but personally I think they look stunning...if I do say so myself.






No comments:
Post a Comment