I left this morning for the farm after Adam got home from his morning hit with Haddorff. Yes, this was the third weekend in a row the kids were subjected to a 200+mile car ride...only this time, I drove it alone.
We had a surprisingly smooth trip, in spite of a detour and a very windy emergency potty stop for Aaron along the side of the highway outside of Clarkfield. I thought Collin would be able to help feed Nolan, but, engrossed in his movie, he was paying so little attention to the task at hand that I took over. With my right hand arched into the backseat and my left hand glued to the wheel, Nolan managed to get some food without choking to death, which would've been the case had I not reassigned the task.
It's liberating to know that I can still handle a trip to South Dakota on my own...even with three little people in the backseat.
There were times during the trip when I had my doubts.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment