Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lying

I remember the crime only as it was retold to me by my mom, who said it involved my Sunday school offering pennies, a plastic country church replica piggy bank, and the birthday box. I don't recall any of the details...only Mom's disappointment that I had knowingly lied to her.

Saturday night, after trolling back in the pontoon from the fireworks display, Collin "misplaced" BaPa's small, blue maglight. He denied any knowledge of its whereabouts and was so convincing that I assured Adam that Collin didn't know where it was. We staged a small search and rescue in the dark, and decided that Nana might find it in the morning.

Sunday morning, as we were getting ready to go back to Nana's to visit and watch the Wimbledon final, Collin presented Bapa with the maglight, which he pulled from under the driver's seat of the Passat.

Now I, too, know the disappointment of knowing not only that my child can lie, but that he will lie...right to my face.

No comments: