Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

6-week Postpartum Check

I had my 6-week postpartum check-up today with Aaron and Nolan. Cari, CNM, deemed me 'completely recovered' with 'no restrictions on my activity'. Apparently all systems are go. I wonder why I don't feel 'recovered'? Doesn't she know I'll never feel the same again? (Come to think of it, I don't think Cari has kids yet). Life is forever changed after the birth of a child and the addition of another soul to the family. Just ask my belly button.

I should note that she tried to prescribe me some medication to stop my bleeding...but then forgot to write the script. I took this as a sign that I don't really need these drugs. I don't want to take anything while I'm nursing anyway, and since Nolan thinks bottles are toxic, 'pumping and dumping' just isn't an option, yet.

Coming from a family that regularly discusses hemorrhoids at family gatherings (unfortunately, I'm not kidding)...I feel compelled to recommend this magic cream. It's expensive ($14.95 for a small jar)...but it works miracles on bottoms (male and female...but I won't go into how I know that!-I was sworn to secrecy.) All I can say is buy some...and keep it around for emergencies. It really is magic.

No comments: