Donning some 'new' clothes from a hand-me-down box, Collin walked into our room this morning declaring, "Mommy, I had wonderful dreams last night."
"I was digging for a treasure in the dirt with BaPa Minnows and Honey Honey and found a box...full of puzzles and games. Isn't that great?!"
Collin has been so excited since we returned home from the annual St. Stephen's Kid Stuff Sale on Saturday with new games, puzzles, outdoor winter clothing...and a few misc. clothing items, including jammie pants and a bath robe! All for a mere $38. I love deals!
To top it off, we've been blessed recently with the extreme generosity of friends, sharing their gently used clothes with our family, by the box and tote-full. Treasure literally abounds at our house. Now I just have to find time to wash it all...and incorporate it into my system. Adam, bless his soul, stayed home from work today to help me with that little detail.
Hopefully the message is getting through to the kids that gently used is as good as new...that we don't have to use new resources, just use up the ones we already have.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment