Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Aggressive

I took my boys to the Minnesota Children's Museum today...after waking at 5:20 am to go to 6:00 am C2 yoga (after a night with an infant). It was an aggressive plan...but we pulled it off and all of us had a great day.

C2 at 6 is nice...but by 8:00 pm I'm wiped. Literally wiped. Unfortunately this may be the only way I practice yoga for awhile...so I'm going to need to deal with limited sleep.

The boys were awesome at the museum. We usually go on the weekends, but the place is typically packed (the last time we ventured out as a family, it was Target free Sunday and they had a sign in the ramp requesting people not bring in strollers?!). Wednesdays are a little calmer...although filled with school groups in the morning. We were unfazed. We started the morning with story time, followed by a trip to the construction crane, imagination station, a turtle tutorial followed by pb and j (we're eating a lot of these lately), the ant hill (this was probably the favorite stop of the day), the grocery store and Chinese restaurant in the "Our World" exhibit, and finally the Clifford room. We were out of there by 2:00...and I considered the outing a smashing success. After all...I was 1 on 3 (welcome to zone defense). Nolan spent the entire day in the Bjorn...which is A OK with him. I only had to stop to feed him twice.

Did I mention that Aaron wore his big boy Elmos...and was dry all day? Yes...YES...he's so darn proud of himself this may just happen...although, I don't want to get my hopes up yet.

These outings are a serious test of my 'mobility'. It's helpful for me to know that we can do things like this...it gives me hope that maybe we can tackle the grocery store!

No comments: