Well, I survived my three night 'alone at home for the bedtime routine' bender. Adam had investment commitments on Monday and Tuesday night...and last night met with his Gustavus friends for drinks. We did fine on Monday, but it's been a downhill slide from there. At 10:00PM on Tuesday all 4 of us were crying. It wasn't much better last night. I'm exhausted...and that is an understatement. I'm noticing that I don't have much control over my emotions when I'm this sleep deprived...I just don't feel right.
I have a new respect for single parents...and I will forever be skeptical when people insinuate that some only have kids to draw from the welfare system. Welfare just can't pay enough for that to be an incentive! It is so much easier to go to work than to be a parent...and Lord knows...so much easier when there are two of you.
April 23, 2009
The afternoon after I originally posted this entry, Newsweek arrived in my mailbox. Anna Quindlen, a bi-weekly editorial contributor, found my blog (OK, maybe not...but I swear she was speaking to me). In her article, "A Teachable Moment" http://www.newsweek.com/id/194576, she ends with, "It can be a great job, motherhood, but it would be nice if everyone could be more honest about how overwhelming the job can be, and more willing to find ways to support and inform the people who are tying to do it."
Amen sister...and thanks for saying what needed to be said.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment