Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stranger Danger

I learned yesterday that we have another level 3 sex offender moving into our neighborhood. This man has been convicted of crimes against male and female children between the ages of 4-14. He will reside a little over two blocks from our home, immediately across from our elementary school playground and within 3 blocks of the TLC daycare. There is a community meeting scheduled next Tuesday (April 21) at our church. We will be there.

It's hard to keep these things in perspective because I want to believe that humans are incapable of harming each other...that we've evolved to higher moral standards. I like to think that I live in a safe neighborhood, where we don't have to pull the shades or lock the doors.

Unfortunately, this is a serious reality check. I guess I need to be a little more careful...a little more suspicious...but still hopeful that maybe someday, we'll be beyond all of this.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Beduhn said...

One day I was writing on my book describing how animals will prey on the weak. I then went on to say that fortunately we don't have each other for lunch if because of trauma we are weakened and vulnerable. I stopped in mid sentence and had to think about what I was saying. Unfortunately, we like the animals prey on the vulnerable. I don't think we do it intentionally, but on an unconscious level we are trying to fix the trauma that has happened to us and unfortunately we have to figure out a way to activate the experience inside of us to get rid of it. Another unfortunate here is that we don't do anything new when we are activated and in that activate state again except what we have done time and time again. That is what shaking off trauma is about.

This week I was asked by a client to come to the hospital to work with her. I asked the chief of staff if that was possible. He is a friend of mine. Within an hour I had turn the situation around by helping shake off the activated state that had been activated by something. The next day I heard how impressed they were that this client had made such a recovery. It was an amazing opportunity to demonstrate another way. That same day I was asked by the same person to see another client. This was more complicated as psychosis had occurred.

Given all of this, I have to keep writing. I am thinking about presenting a proposal to the chief of staff/psych ward to train his staff so that other may benefit while in these safe places.

Conclusion: As long as we continue to have stuck activated states that have not been shaken off like animals do, we will continue to offend and treat other humans as prey for our work towards wholeness.

Some thoughts. Linda