I feel close to Grandma Lavonna at Easter. We always celebrated the holiday at Grandma and Grandpa's farm. When Easter is late, it falls on the anniversary of her birthday, April 23, so sometimes the holiday was also a birthday party. This association brings me comfort now. I still really miss her.
Aaron has this book he likes to read called "Buzby, the Misbehaving Bee." It's a book about a bee who doesn't follow God's Golden Garden Rules and experiences some consequences.
Lately when I read the book to him he continuously interrupts me, demanding to know where God is. I've had to explain that even though God is mentioned, God is not drawn in the book. Aaron doesn't like this answer.
On the day when we celebrate the miracle of an empty tomb, I sometimes wonder the same thing, "Where is God?" God feels noticeably absent in the world some days...and even though we can't see God...it would be nice to feel God a little more strongly.






No comments:
Post a Comment