Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

This must be some sort of joke (on me)...I didn't pack the snow pants, and thank goodness, Adam packed the warm coats that I had already washed and put away in the closet for the season...because we're playing in snow! (Don't I know better than to wash winter clothes in March?!?) Today's adventures included finding the deepest snowbank with Grandma (Collin won this one...and in the process found a bunny!) and scooping snow off the sidewalk with Grandma.

This afternoon the boys went outside with Mommy...and we built a snowman. Mommy was in charge of the body, Collin of the torso, and Aaron the head.


We also took a walk to see the steers. Aaron was particularly interested. When Auntie Ruthie and Cousin Tyler arrived, Collin bolted to the house, but Aaron said, "No Mommy, stay and look!" Aaron's curiosity in the steers was matched by their curiosity in him, so they managed to get a close look at each other!



We talked with Adam at noon. Collin grabbed the phone and began, "Daddy, we're having a GREAT time!!".

Then tonight there was sadness:

"Mommy, how many days until Daddy comes?"

"Well, Collin, we have our big sleep tonight, and then one more big sleep until Daddy comes to see us." Silence. "Collin, what's wrong?"

"I just really miss Daddy."

"I miss him too, Collin."

This is Nolan's April's Fool's smile (at Auntie Ruthie). Collin smiled for the first time on April Fool's Day...so I thought it would be fun to document his little brother's smile on the same day. The smiles disappeared shortly after the flashing began...lesson learned!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Hi Beth!

You are blogging with a vengeance!

Nolan looks fantastic and ever so happy. I hope we can set up a play date someday soon - I will get the car that day :)

Happy to see you also got back to yoga - can't wait for that myself. Have been craving C2!

Meghan