Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

4th Trimester

Nolan's taking this 4th trimester concept seriously. Since he made his appearance, I have literally spent entire days carrying my little buddy around in his Baby Bjorn. His best moments are snuggling with me...which is nice...BUT...I do have 2 other sons and an impressive pile of daily laundry.

I tend to worry about his transition into daycare mode. Maybe I should be getting him on a schedule...forcing the bottle, etc. And then...Nolan reminds me that all of this is going to take care of itself. I laid Nolan in his bed around 9:00pm after his bath and a lengthy massage...and I had to wake him Friday morning at 5:30am to feed him before yoga. YES...he slept through the night. It should be noted that I put him back in his crib awake after that feeding and he slept until 8:30am. Blessed sleep. Blessed, blessed sleep. Keep it up little buddy.

Won't I ever learn that it doesn't pay to worry? I literally worried away my maternity leave with Collin and Aaron, stressing about work...and daycare...and schedules...and routines...and a battery of other things seemingly in my control. I'm taking a different path this time...reveling in the present with my kids...providing for their needs in the moment (even if that means my left shoulder aches), and trusting that we will have exactly what we need in the future moments, as well.

No comments: