Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yellow Sharks


Dribbling

Shooting

Coach Adam with Coach Bob

Well, it happened. Collin finally touched the ball during this, his third soccer game. When asked last week after the practice and game why he hadn't yet kicked the ball, his response was simply, "because the other kids are there first!" OK...maybe age 4 is too early for organized soccer? He sure is having fun, though...so we'll consider this experience a success.

Today is my Mom's 55th birthday. I don't know how she did it...but she managed a household with 4 kids under the age of 5 (granted, I turned six two weeks after Ruth was born). I know now that it must have been crazy...but I don't remember it that way. During her Happy Birthday call, I began lamenting the difficulties of the previous day. I was so impatient with everyone yesterday...including myself. I just couldn't get 'right'...and God...was I ever trying. Mom reminded me today that I have to "let it go...and move on." She assured me that my kids won't remember these 'average' days...we apparently had them, too.

I hope she's right. Last night Adam played tennis in Golden Valley, so I was solo for the nighttime routine. While reading stories, snuggled between Collin and Aaron with Nolan on my chest, Collin turned to me and said, "tomorrow you have to promise to do less yelling...and we'll be better listeners."

"Deal Collin."

We all did a better job today.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

SUPERmom!
We had a grand adventure with you and all the boys today - special group!
We will do that again soon - with more picket fences sticks