Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 1, 2009

We're Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo

The boys and I met Jane and her daughter, Lily, at the Minnesota Zoo today. Jane and her husband Dan traveled to China in February of 2007 to adopt Lily, so Jane and I were on maternity leave together the winter I had Aaron. Jane is the only 'farm girl' I have met outside of my experiences in SD...so we relate to each other's need for open spaces. Since pictures can speak a thousand words...here is a photo journey of our day. Jane said it best..."a person can go to the zoo a hundred times, and always walk away with a new experience."


Collin feeding his favorite baby goat.


Jane and Aaron in the cow barn.


Aaron and Lily riding a pig!


Lily milking Heidi the goat, who, by the way, had triplets this Spring...and still has enough milk for a daily milking demonstration. I can relate...
After Lily led the charge on this new experience, all the other kids were willing to give it a try, too. You go girl!


Nolan spent the entire day in the Baby Bjorn...and upon returning to the car at the end of the day for a quick snack was VERY smiley.


Aaron, on the other hand, was wiped out. If you look close you can see an orange in his hand...I asked him if he wanted more, and he responded, "NOOOOO, MOMMMMMY...I'm sleepy" and subsequently fell asleep on the spot.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

How fun!

Agreed today that the rain was not conducive for walking - also didn't call!

Going to Blooma on Thursday, 11am if you and Nolan want to join!

Hope you are doing great,

Meghan + Olivia

Ps: was so great to see you too!