Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Danger

Recent events have led me to question my parenting skills.

Monday morning my doorbell rang at about 9:15am. I was annoyed. I was sitting on the living room floor pumping, with Nolan in front of me in his baby papasan chair. Collin was darting in and out of the room and I could hear Aaron in Collin and Aaron's room behind me, presumably playing with his blocks. Everything seemed under control.

Reluctantly, I quickly stopped pumping, grabbed Nolan, and ran to the door to find my neighbor, Dee, with her dog at my back door. Why? Because she witnessed Aaron dangling out of his bedroom window...ready to fall 6 feet to paralysis or worse, his death (or at least this is what ran through my head).

I bolted to their room...and sure enough. Aaron had used his block box to scale up the wall to his windowsill. Stepping on the sill, he was able to reach the locks...which he opened on tippy toes. Crawling back down to the block box, he effortlessly opened the window and decided to attempt evacuation. Impressive really...

Zone defense failed me...yet again. I guess I should've put the screens up right after washing the windows on Sunday...but then...I thought maybe it would be OK to wait 12 hours.

There must be angels watching out for us.

No comments: