For those of you only viewing the blog via e-mail...now is the time to convert to "follower" status on the Beduhn blog site: http://www.beduhn.blogspot.com/. Compliments of the new camera, I'm now going to post video...so you can share the joy of our happy moments.
Nolan is nearly 12 weeks old...and he started giggling this week. Prior to this giggling sounded like a grunt...and still does if he's not in the mood to laugh.
Is there a better sound than the laughter of an infant?
Nolan is starting to settle into a routine. This is most evident in the evening...when he begins to get fussy. He's learned that after Collin and Aaron are finished with their bath or shower, it's his turn. I give him a bath in our tub...and then carry him into the living room. We sit in front of the fireplace listening to Santam Kaur, Enya, Jim Brickman or the Target kiosk 'Pure Relaxation" CD, while I massage him with lavender lotion. He coos...he smiles...he kicks...and genuinely loves this touch. When, after a half hour to forty-five minutes, I tell him it's over and begin to dress him, he fusses. I swaddle him in his blanket, put him in his crib, whisper the Lord's Prayer and leave him with the mantra, "May all beings be happy, be peaceful and be free...Namaste (Sanscrit for "the light in me honors the light in you")...I love you."
He's sleeping before I close the door.






No comments:
Post a Comment